Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chartiers May 22nd

Dad, Corey and I were up early to get onto Chartiers Creek as early as we could. The rain had fallen all night and showed no signs of stopping The water was actually pretty low, but its usual coffee with too much cream color. Started off right, landing this Largemouth on the second cast. Casted around until our arms nearly fell off.
Dad with a health little guy.
I went over to the little water fall and was throwing a small maribu clouser when all hell broke loose. Something grabbed the fly, and took off running. My initial thought was that I had foul hooked a carp... Fought the fish in fast water, finally good a look at its shoulders? Striped Bass? Fought it closer and closer, and to our amazement what I landed was a 27" Walleye


After that it was tough going, the water level was rising, so we got out of there. Home to dry out and upload these pics asap!





No comments:

Post a Comment