Monday, January 25, 2010

Dahlberg weekend 1/23-1/24

With the Dahlberg Cup Banquet at 5pm in the Highlands, I thought it best to fish as many places as possible before hand. With rain and a lot of meltoff, Meadow was supposed to be blown out, so I started at Dunbar Creek. I fished a small caddis dry to attempt to get something to take a dry, had one take a swipe, then nothing after that. Water was great color, but very very cold. Headed over the ridge to meet Eric at Allen Creek, saw a few fish, highlight was Eric's valiant attempt to reclaim his fly in the tree. We fished down Allen Creek, saw one trout. Fished into Laurel Hill Creek and down about a mile. I had one hit and hook up, but my skills let me down and the fish was off after a good fight.

At the Banquet I met some local guides and gained some awesome insight into fishing Western PA and the area. Came in 4th place this year behind Dale, Sean and Rob. But I did win the North of the Boarder award!
Headed to Eric's around midnight, got some sleep. Woke up to find these little boys crying and looking for attention.
Eric and I tried to fish his club's ponds, only to find out that it's closed for a few months. Hit a few native areas, Eric caught this Beauty of a Brookie in Linn Run.
Headed toward Latrobe, stopped on Loyalhanna under the Road Road on Route 30. Not long after Eric caught this Tiger Trout.
Rain started pouring and it was getting cold. Packed it up and headed to Sharkey's for lunch with Eric, Erica and the babies, and Annie then headed home.

1 comment:

  1. glad to see someone enjoying this brrr cold weather in open water~ ~dt

    ReplyDelete